Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ANZ Money Manager again...

I recently wrote a post about ANZ Money Manager. My review was not exactly too kind, esp. regarding their choice of Flash animation. As far as I can see, the default page has changed (it was probably something they planned to do). The new Flash animation is a little bit more interesting, and most certainly different. I still think a simple static page with images of the actual screens will be more effective -- and it may happen as they built it out.

The real interesting part was that ANZ actually responded to the blog (you can see their response at the end of my blog message, it was polite and actually asked me to send an email to their support staff raising my browser compatibility issue). It was really good to see a solid and pro-active team that was responding to the feedback. I will also send in my browser rendering issue directly (with a screen-grab, so they can see and correct as needed).

Now, the real question was -- "How did ANZ actually find my blog post?". I was chatting with Andrew this morning about that, and he suggested doing a quick search to see if the blog was picked up by Google.

So was Andrew right? Well, he was spot on --if you search "ANZ Money Manager blog" it shows that post I made as the top hit by Google Page rank.

-- RV

2 comments:

Robbo said...

i've been using ANZ moneymanager for a year now. But it's been a disappointment for the last 6 months now. I can't see about 6 months worth of transactions on my credit card. The support team haven't been able to fix it for about 4 months now.

Anonymous said...

well it certainly needs reviewing again since this post, the site is simply AWESOME. highly feature rich especially considering its free