Saturday, October 24, 2009

Google Wave ... used it and .....

Just played around with Google Wave. Currently, I don't quite know what to do with it. It is a communication tool and at this point in time I do not know if anyone else will use it if I do.
Wave is one of those tools where I really have a gut feel that it will get used in ways that the creators have never imagined. It is one of these creative adventures that I feel will eventually help it.
Either way, the Javascript that powers it is impressive. Kudos to the engineering team that built something like this with HTML5/CSS and Javascript (on the client side anyway). Even if this does not take off, the tooling and knowledge gained by this exercise will help us build richer web applications.
-- rv
PS: It really does need a Google Wave notifier -- I for one will not log in every day till there is some level of critical mass.

1 comment:

Joshua Hayes said...

I signed up for an account a while back but somehow google forgot about me :\

Hell hath no fury like that of a googler scorned!