Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shaving blades....

This post is way off topic for me and certainly about something I do not look forward to.

I saw an article (http://consumerist.com/2010/03/make-your-disposable-razor-blade-last-for-20-months.html) that claims to make a disposable razor blade last 20 months.

If you have tried something like it -- please do leave a comment. I will attempt it over this month anyway, but currently I am very sceptical about getting 20 months out of a razor.

The real question I have is, why techniques such as these are not passed down through the generations or popular culture. Looking at the economic state that the US and much of EU have ended up in, it will not be long before we will see these techniques get pushed around by even the mainstream press in the next big TV show most likely called -- "The bigger miser", "Master home garden", etc..

I would love to know of well tested and viable techniques like this as it will allow me to reduce the amount of "stuff" that we buy and eventually throw away.

Warning: The article contains a "u-tube" video with a guy demonstrating the technique, he is no model -- sadly does not wear a shirt (he should) -- will look a tad strange if you view this vid. in a cubicle farm (and is certain to attract attention of nearly farm residents). Horrible sound as well.

-- rv

No comments: